TD5 side indicator upgrade on 300tdi

Hi All

so I'm going to change the side indicators on my 300tdi to the TD5/ XS style clear ones.

I need to cut the wing and have the measurements etc so no problem there but wondered before I started cutting if someone has some measurements to show where the indicators actually sit on a factory td5 with these type of indicators fitted? ie wondering whether its best to cut forward, backward up or down from the existing holes as a starting point to get as close as I can to where they would normally sit.

Thanks

Ben

HI,

110 td5 XS measures 864mm from bulkhead end of the wing to centre of bulb, and 106mm down from wing top to centre of bulb. Draw it up on masking tape and you should get it spot on!

Remember to account for chequer plate on your wing top for the vertical measurement, the measurement here does not include it.

Adam.

cool yep have the lights (just clip in so the hole needs to be right ;) and the template and new connectors, replaced all the other lights yesterday, clear fronts and normal rears a bit brighter than the old faded 17 year old ones, did the headlights a while ago with crystal ones with nightbreaker bulbs, also got later td5 style fog and reverse to fit, again a bit of cutting and new plugs for those. updates it a bit anyway ;)

cool yep have the lights (just clip in so the hole needs to be right ;) and the template and new connectors, replaced all the other lights yesterday, clear fronts and normal rears a bit brighter than the old faded 17 year old ones, did the headlights a while ago with crystal ones with nightbreaker bulbs, also got later td5 style fog and reverse to fit, again a bit of cutting and new plugs for those. updates it a bit anyway ;)

Hi Ben, I've just seen this thread and recognised your name icon_wave.gif

If you'd PM'd me about those connectors, I could have done them cheaper direct, rather than through eBay.

Paul.

(landrover-connectors)

Hi Paul - cool will know for next time, bought 3 lots of the TD5 warning panel connectors off you so far as well didnt know you were on here ;)

Sure there will be more at some stage as I will be doing a full 2002 on dash upgrade on the 110 at some time (ie the centre panel to go with the instruments etc)

Cheers

Ben