Power Steering installation on a 2.5N/A

the plate on front of PAS pump is the tensioner as well as the pump mounting plate, the holes are elongated & there is a 1/2 square hole to fit a breaker bar in to hold the tension while the bolts are tightened.

On my 2.25 petrol with the additional pulley fitted the the plate did not have elongated holes to allow the pump to turn and tension the drive belt.

The plate with the elongated holes is a much better solution.

I'll still ask about the bracket when I see the chap.

A previous post suggested you do not need it (I'd trust Westerns advice) so I'll just find out if it is available and how much.

I might be able to come up with a paper template of the bracket with the elongated holes (that I could post to you) if that would help.

I'll still ask about the bracket when I see the chap.

A previous post suggested you do not need it (I'd trust Westerns advice) so I'll just find out if it is available and how much.

I might be able to come up with a paper template of the bracket with the elongated holes (that I could post to you) if that would help.

hey mate, that would be much appreciated, let me know and I will give you my address

OK, I should be able to sort something out for you (this weekend is looking like a busy one but it shouldn't take long to do once I have retrieved the old power steering set up).

If it is difficult to modify the original plate then you may be able to approach an engineering company who can cut steel plate with a water jet (or other) to the template.

I'll post a picture when it is done and you can PM your address if you would like it posted.

this is the best photo I have of my 110's PAS adjustment plate,

hope it shows a better view of how it fits, plate is bolted to the alternator/PAS pump bracket & PAS pump is bolted to the plate,

the pump bolts are the 3 [2 in view] nearest the pump shaft/pulley,

2 of the 3 bolts that get slackened to make tension adjustments are adjacent to the square 1/2 hole.

post-20-0-48809700-1383163260_thumb.jpg

Bear in mind the PAS system robs 8hp (IIRC), I'd question if you really need it, my 2.5NA is a proper stump puller but I removed the PAS as starting with 68hp I didnt want to lose some pumping oil constantly round when Im travelling in a straight line on a motorway.

I have the Armstrong PAS system on mine (manual - non PAS) with 235 BFG AT's at 28PSI (fronts)

OK, I should be able to sort something out for you (this weekend is looking like a busy one but it shouldn't take long to do once I have retrieved the old power steering set up).

If it is difficult to modify the original plate then you may be able to approach an engineering company who can cut steel plate with a water jet (or other) to the template.

I'll post a picture when it is done and you can PM your address if you would like it posted.

thanks mate, much appreciated

Managed to dig out the old power steering set up yesterday and draw a template.

Let me know if you'd like me to send the template to you.

attachicon.gifPB030355.JPG

I have also attached a couple of pictures so you can see the plate fitted to the pump and the plate itself.

Regards

Mark

this is really appreciated and helpful, do you want to sell this plate?