Help Needed ECU to Carbs Conversion

Johannadine

Completely lost me as to what you are asking now ?

From what I garther you

Are you keeping the Hotwire system at all - ie to control spark

Fitting carbs and removing EFI system

So

If part keeping - you'll need the ECU connected to power fuel pump and coil and switching to ECU

You have to swap the HP Pump to a Low pressure pump and fit a suitbale PSI controller to prob about 6-7 PSI

or no ECU = everything Hotwire removed - going to carbs and Stand Alone dizzy, which will require a fair rewiring job

and again I would question the competance and experience of the "Gargae" doing this work ???

Its like having a puncture and changing the entire axle off a different 4x4 to sort it out :D ...

As I said before I personally think you are digging a bigger and deeper hole ..............

Nige

Ok, So I've even checked the manual to check I'm not wrong. I have said this in both of your previous threads, so I can only assume I'm not giving you enough information.

Disconnect the hotwire loom. That's all the sensors on the engine, road speed sensor, lambda cable, the connection to the vehicle electrical system, the coil and probably a good few earths thrown in as well. Remove it from the vehicle.

Check you still have a +12V ignition switched live to the coil (White cable, coil +ve terminal). -ve side goes to distributor. It will make sparks without the ECU present.

Replace your fuel pump. You might need a fuel pressure regulator as Nige has said above. I never used one when I ran a V8 on carbs, but then I wasn't using the standard LR fuel pump.

Where the fuel pump connected to the hotwire loom, connect a +12V ignition switched live to power it. A convenient cable would be the white cable on the car end of the hotwire to car connector (you have of course unplugged this as the hotwire loom is now on the floor out of the vehicle). I'm not certain of the location - you might need to extend it to reach the cable to the fuel pump.

Ok, So I've even checked the manual to check I'm not wrong. I have said this in both of your previous threads, so I can only assume I'm not giving you enough information.

Disconnect the hotwire loom. That's all the sensors on the engine, road speed sensor, lambda cable, the connection to the vehicle electrical system, the coil and probably a good few earths thrown in as well. Remove it from the vehicle.

Check you still have a +12V ignition switched live to the coil (White cable, coil +ve terminal). -ve side goes to distributor. It will make sparks without the ECU present.

Replace your fuel pump. You might need a fuel pressure regulator as Nige has said above. I never used one when I ran a V8 on carbs, but then I wasn't using the standard LR fuel pump.

Where the fuel pump connected to the hotwire loom, connect a +12V ignition switched live to power it. A convenient cable would be the white cable on the car end of the hotwire to car connector (you have of course unplugged this as the hotwire loom is now on the floor out of the vehicle). I'm not certain of the location - you might need to extend it to reach the cable to the fuel pump.

what manual can i use to check. Cause im still a bit puzzled cause the coil wire is out with the loom hot wire.

There are two wires its a white and blue wire that goes to the ECU and there is a white and green that goes to a connector plug what must i do with the wire that goes to the ECU.

Thanks

The coil -ve goes to the ECU what do i do with that wire. cause the ECU is out .