110 roof and rear side damage.

From the photo it looks like just the roof and one side panel, both of those are cheap enough second hand in the UK. The rear door frame (B and C post) may also be bent, these are a bit rarer as they rust away however that should be possible to bend back. The rest should hopefully be a case of loosening bolts and re-aligning bits.

I'd go and have a look at it if I was you and see how much is bent.

It all depends on you and what you want from it.

Are you a hands on person who will turn you hand to anything, or do you expect to pay someone else to do all the repairs?

Do you expect the finished truck to be an article of perfection without a blemish to be seen?

Without having seen it close up I'd say you could get it on the road and fairly straight without a massive expense (using some 2nd hand panels from the uk) but it would mean getting your hands dirty. However if you want it perfect and you just want to write cheques then it could get very expensive.

In my opinion its a rough and ready truck now and probably quite useable assuming the doors actually open and close, however a replacement roof and side panel will make it look a lot less like you have just been in an accident ;)

The rest can probably be persuaded to look straight enough again assuming it's not rotten, in which case repair sections can be welded in while you straighten it up.

I don't know what Defender prices in France are like so couldn't say whether 3000 is good or bad considering the damage.

Not sure what your version of the MOT is like...... but it may actually be as simple as getting two new replacement lamps....

I'm going to see it tommorrow I'm trying to remember all the things to lookout for:

chassis ,door bottoms,footwells,bulkhead,oil filler cap heavy breathing.How can I tell if the gear/transfer boxes are sound.

I used to own a 300tdi this is a 200tdi which I'm not familiar with.

Check where oil is dripping from them and also drive it a little paying attention to clunks when going from accelerating to engine breaking and back again also check that it changes up and down through all the gears .....

Worth checking if the diff lock will engage and dis-engage as well as using both the hi and low range gears.