Mega squirting CRD???

Nigelw

And the TD5 has an ECU controlled Fuel pump, which I know little about but it looked very much more than a simple fuel pump when Steve (off road toad) showed me one !!

I suspect it's just active pressure regulation, by PWM or similar, can't think of any other reason for ECU control beyond on/off that's standard in any setup these days.

This is where I got stuck. Just pricing up a CRD engine and enough systems to make it run on the workshop floor was eye-watering. That's without the dyno on the end.

I guess as the vehicles get older more work will get done as a complete car will get cheaper to buy. When/what were the first common rail diesels ?

Would an MOT failure make a good testbed?

Would an MOT failure make a good testbed?

Kinda depends what it failed on doesn't it? ;)

Also have to think whether it's worth developing something on a given engine just because it's available - if it's not one you'd actually put in your truck at the end of it you've got a load of work to do over...

Silly question/idea???

What and how does EDC work and what controls/options are available/viable with that system? and the EDC system, can it be adapted as far as VNTs go? Could something like that be used in conjunction with an electronic VNT?

What about the VNT itself? Although I know it can be controlled by means of vacuum but are there stand alone controllers that require simple signal inputs via common sensors?

Like the idea of crash damaged/MOT failure CRD test engines, they are throw away disposables in this day and age of recycling :o

So it would come down to what engine would most suit a Defender type application for use as a test bed?

No/little point doing it for other models as there would be little interest for Discoveries and RRCs as they have the rip snorting Tdis and V8s :ph34r::ph34r: