Heated screens

jbs

snagger ... sorry I didn't take offence if you think it was me....

I think I dropped a comment in my earlier post that a screen / it's wires would last longer with a timer than without and I was just trying to justify my comment that I think may have been presumed to be a statement of fact.

I added the relay and wiring diagram in case anyone in the future was looking for a heated screen and how to wire it up (or at least one way to do it) The thread is afterall just about heated screens and Uroglas as being a supplier that seems to be comprehensive in what they do.... I was just trying to close off the thread in a sense to provide someone looking at one a means to at least put it in and wire it up.

I think I came across very badly - I wasn't having a go at anyone, and was suggesting that none of you need a timer and were quite capable of manual switching, especially as I was corrected in how pressing the button on the factory-fitted kit will shut the heater off, not restart the timer!

I read it as you intended Nick, then got very suprised at all the muck being thrown about and had to go and reread it....still thought the same as you intended...