MudStuff Door Handles

Morning All,

At Donnington I bought a pair of Mud (Mudstuff?) door handles on a bit of a whim.

I've fitted the drivers side handle but I'm not so sure about it.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one with these so is this feeling just because its something very different to what I'm used to or should I perhaps have cut the nylon a bit to make it feel more like a door handle than a shopping bag handle.

I left the handle as it came out of the bag - with 4" of nylon strap either side of the rubber handle.

Thanks

IanB

I have one fitted on the drivers side because the original poked me in the side of my knee. It solves that problem - but I agree with the above that it's not the most satisfactory solution!

What I think it needs is a handle like they used to put on things like typewriters. It was a spring steel strip covered in plastic with a slot in either end. Secured by a single screw each end with the slot covered by a metal / plastic box (with two sides missing).

The spring steel makes it normally sit flat against the door, but when you grab it, it bows out in to a handle.

I suggested this to Kevin at MUD - so you never know!

I guess I could make the strip out of a tape measure spring and 3D print a flexible handle and covers!

Si

• 1 month later...