Possibly moving to New Zealand

Fish13

Hi,

I may be transferring to New Zealand with my work, and was wondering how thick on the ground Landies/Rangies were?

I looked at ebay NZ and there was nothing which I took to be a bad sign? :(

Also, can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to ship my Landy from the UK?

Cheers,

Hugo.

Hi,

I may be transferring to New Zealand with my work, and was wondering how thick on the ground Landies/Rangies were?

Also, can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to ship my Landy from the UK?

Cheers,

Hugo.

Hugo, ebay doesn't really do much in NZ, we have a local thing called trademe, always a few landies on it Trademe Sorry, don't know much about importing, hopefully someone else will chip in. If not I'll try to rustle up some other links. I've just come off night shift so off to grab some shuteye. B)

Steve.

Phew! Thanks for the replies. A lot of people use ebay here to sell/buy landies so when I didn't see any in NZ on ebay I began to panic.

Was not relishing the prospect of being Landy-less when I moved.

Thanks very much indeed.

I'm particularly fond of Rangie classics, are there many about as I only saw one on the links you guys sent me?

Thanks he info.

Hugo.

Hi EFILandRover,

I'm planning to move to New Plymouth with work. Whereabouts are you based?

Any idea on what New Plymouth is like? I'm going for a 'look see' trip at the end of November and if all goes well I'll be out there as soon as visa's can be arranged!

Cheers,

Hugo.

Hi,

Cheers,

Hugo.

Easyish . well not as bad a people make out. I exported my 90 to Australia. Can't imagin NZ being anwhere as strict as Aus

Got it sent with my stiff from the Uk . Went in a 40 container with my furniture. Was easy to get regastured in Aus. And paid the import duty no worries.Just check out the details first. Ie in Aus you have to have owned and lived with the car 12 months before you export it to tyhem. Also have to send off and get an aproval to export it to aus. Mind you shipping compies in the Uk won't even load it with out this

At Southampton on way to docks to be loaded

onway.jpg

The week after it got to Aus on Fraser Island

fraser.jpg

And at the cape of Australia on our trip around aus

at%20the%20top.jpg

Hi EFILandRover,

I'm planning to move to New Plymouth with work. Whereabouts are you based?

Any idea on what New Plymouth is like? I'm going for a 'look see' trip at the end of November and if all goes well I'll be out there as soon as visa's can be arranged!

Cheers,

Hugo.

Im in Wellington. Im not really too sure about what New Plymouth is like. I havnt been there in a long time. The 4wheeling here is really good though. Most rivers you dont need permission to drive on them. There are lots of old tracks here that you can drive on. Are you into hardcore stuff or more sedate driving? A good New Zealand forum is Offroadexpress. There are lots of people that can point you in a good direction on there. And lots of them may live around New Plymouth.

Another good thing is that you're never going to have to drive far to go wheeling. There are lots of people on offroad express in Hamilton which is not very far away from new plymouth and they have just done a 3 day trip around the middle of the north island.

If you're ever in wellington and want to go for a drive, then let me know :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Still looking into fees etc for exporting a Landy. Reads90, how do you find cost of parts compares to UK? Here I use Paddocks/Craddocks etc but I've heard that prices over there are a lot steeper for parts?

I've got a SWB Series III and a Rover 3.5V8 that I'm rebuilding to hopefully put in it!

Many thanks as well EFILandRover, good to know about the offroad. I love both laning and a bit more extreme stuff too. There is a challenging pay & play course near here that can be pretty daunting! Do love trekking/exploring in the Landy too though.

If I'm Wellington way, I'll give you a shout!

Cheers,

Hugo.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Still looking into fees etc for exporting a Landy. Reads90, how do you find cost of parts compares to UK? Here I use Paddocks/Craddocks etc but I've heard that prices over there are a lot steeper for parts?

I've got a SWB Series III and a Rover 3.5V8 that I'm rebuilding to hopefully put in it!

Many thanks as well EFILandRover, good to know about the offroad. I love both laning and a bit more extreme stuff too. There is a challenging pay & play course near here that can be pretty daunting! Do love trekking/exploring in the Landy too though.

If I'm Wellington way, I'll give you a shout!

Cheers,

Hugo.

Parts are a bit more but not as much as i thought they would be . Mind you i bought a load of stuff before we left and put it in the back of the 90. Thought i might need it on the trip around Aus. As it happened did not so still have all of it left. Stuff on Ebay is cheaper than the UK. I have got some good bargins off ebay. Been sending D2 parts back to the UK for my broher and it still works out cheaper than him buying them there.

Don't use craddocks but use an aussie company in Tassy who are good (next day service and no too bad pricing) Mind you also have some deals with companys in the Uk who will send me out what i need, no worries.

• 2 weeks later...