Simex ET style tyres

Hi,

I'm in the market for some new tyres.

At the moment I have some Fedima Sirocco 285/75/16 tyres which have between 12 and 14mm of tread left on them and will be going in the for sale section soon!

They've been fine, so I could just buy another set, but I have been looking at my options:

I've been looking at the Silverstone Xtreme in 33/10.5/16 variety, has anybody got these? Do they measure up to 33 or are they bigger/smaller. How good are they on the road?

I've been looking at the Ziarelli extreme forest in 255/85/16 variety, has anybody got these? Do they measure up to 33 or are they bigger/smaller. How good are they on the road?

Ziarelli also do a 34/11.5/16 which I could be tempted with! Again, anyone have these?

I may ring some the tyre places and see if I can get them to run a tape measure over them!

If anyone has any other option/suggestions, then fire away!

My main criteria is for the tyre to fit under my Red TD5 90 as it is, to be able to drive on the road sensibly (to seven sisters!), and to be good off road! I also have a set of BFG muds for roads and green laning.

Steve

I have just bought a set of simex and they measure 35" but compared to my 35" maxxis creepy crawlers. ( Currently for sale in the sale ads !! :i-m_so_happy: ) they are almost an inch smaller?

Fedima normally measure 37 for a 35"

silverstone 35" measure 34"

My 40" maxxis measure 38"??? FFS

but my 44 " boggers measure 44" :huh:

hope that helps?

Let me know if your interested in the 35" maxxis?

thanks

When I was tyre shopping tyres direct were very helpful on the phone ( sounded like he had lined them all up and could tel you which was taller ect ) and tyres arrived before 9 the next morning after ordering about three ish.

Will.

Right, just emailed Tyres Direct and they got back to me with 15mins!

The Silverstone Xtreme 33/10.5/16 only measure 32.6" tall, so they're a bit small.

The Ziarelli 34/11.5/16 are bang on 34" and only 11" wide.

I'll be going to Seven Sisters this weekend to do some flexing amongst other things and so I can try and determine whether 34's will fit!

I think I want some 34's!!

Steve

Steve I have Silverstones in 33x10.50R15.

They're barely worn and measure up nearer 32", as opposed to my 255/85R16 BFG muds which are a good 33"

Edit: I would hate to drive to Seven Sisters on the the Silverstones. They aren't especially out of balance, but the vibrations do make for tiring driving.

Edited by mickeyw

Steve I have Silverstones in 33x10.50R15.

They're barely worn and measure up nearer 32", as opposed to my 255/85R16 BFG muds which are a good 33"

Edit: I would hate to drive to Seven Sisters on the the Silverstones. They aren't especially out of balance, but the vibrations do make for tiring driving.

Hopefully whichever tyres I choose, will be nice and balenced and smooth on the road.

I remember a set of Fedima F-Power bfg copy remoulds were useless on the road and the tyre places laughed when we said please could you balence them. In the end we returned them (again to tyres direct who were very helpful) and bought some proper BFG mud 255's. No problems with those!

Steve

I also enquired about the 35/10.5/16 and 35/11.5/16 in Silverstones and your quite right Lewis they only measure up at 33.8" and are quite skinny too.

Some more investigation needed!

Regarding the wheel balancing, my local garage said that the tyres only need to be balanced statically and not dynamically to have good road handling.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Right, so after an eventful weekend in Wales I've come up with a plan!

I did a bit of flexing at Seven Sisters and have determined that I can't really go any bigger with out cutting or fitting different arches and rubbing and modifying stuff, so I will be staying with my 285/75/16 Fedima Sicocco.

post-7712-0-91376900-1402087998_thumb.jpg

post-7712-0-05092400-1402088032_thumb.jpg

post-7712-0-67290000-1402088122_thumb.jpg

post-7712-0-01517500-1402088150_thumb.jpg

So I bought two new ones to replace the two warn ones which only have 12mm of tread on them!

Thanks for all your comments and hopefully the infor I've found out can help someone else too.

Steve