Welding Positioners - recomendations ?

I had to look up what a 'welding positioner' was before replying....... :D I was going to recommend Lidl's little ninety degree magnet thingy's but then the 240v bit made me Wonder if I was missing something;...... and I was. :lol:

I wonder whether its the sort of thing you get better and cheaper as old 3 phase stuff and get a little (velly cheap) phase converter?

Depending on exactly what sort of things you are looking to do with it, why not build one?

When I used to work in earth moving the welder had a couple of motorized ones he made for using when rebuilding and hard facing, he also built one for me for when I was building up bucket teeth for the 365 CAT in the rock quarry, old teeth with scammel leaf springs cut and welded on, got interesting to handle them after a few passes circa 200A so he built me a positioner I could rotate and pin at 45° increments. Made building up teeth faster and safer, not to mention a heck of a lot more comfortable too.

Just an idea.