rear winch mounting on 110dcpu

Want to fit a rear winch to my 110 but don't want to loose loadspace inside the tub or increase overhang by fitting a rear winch tray crossmember.

Ideally, I'd like to fit it inboard under the tub floor in front of the fuel tank or around the A-frame crossmember if there's room there
Winch line out over fuel tank then and fairlead on rear crossmember just under the tailgate, again if room and possibly fit a second skin where rope will be passing through below tub support beams to keep winch line away from tank and fuel lines
Anybody seen something similar done? Welding in a tray or modifying the chassis a little bit doesn't bother me as getting it galvanised afterwards in any case as doing a full rebuild on the 110

That rear cross member is awesome! Really nice build too and tubular wings are a nice touch.

Trouble with me going that route with the rear cross member is I do lot of towing too so would need to sort out a new hitch as well although welding on a receiver mount to the cross member under the winch trau wouldn't be the end of the world either instead of my bolt on receiver hitch that I have at the moment.

Ideally, I'd like to have the winch in-board though and just the fairlead at the back.

Could you mount the winch under the rear seats with a hole through the rear bulkhead ( you could put a brush or something similar to keep the weather out ) winch rope across floor and then the fair lead in the rear tailgate ( which you make to drop in a socket ??)

Won't fit under rear seats as have two Recaros going in the back and a full length center console to the rear bulkhead but pretty much directly under the floor under the rear seats or very front of the tub would be ideal.

Also would be better to have the fairlead low enough at the rear as the spare wheel would be covering the tailgate. Out through the top of the cross member should be fine though

Have a look at foers ibex vector winch system it's what your trying to do but plus a bit. However I am building an ibex 300 (thread in special builds) and if you look through that you will see it's not simple at best you'll need a special tank some serious welding and in your case possibly a flap in the load bay or mounting the winch upside down for access.

Mike