axle stands, where to locate?

You should be fine anywhere along the axle tube, but it is not recommended on the trailing arm bolt/links or radius arm joints at the front. I'd also suggest as far outwards as possible to increase stability. I tend to jack up at the diff, and place stands as far along the axle as possible.

You should be fine anywhere along the axle tube, but it is not recommended on the trailing arm bolt/links or radius arm joints at the front. I'd also suggest as far outwards as possible to increase stability. I tend to jack up at the diff, and place stands as far along the axle as possible.

Thank you. And so the work can begin

I tend to stick them directly under the spring seats, but anywhere along the axle tube itself is load bearing providing the stand is located properly.

I've heard people say not to jack off the bottom of the trailing arms or radius arms, as the weight is then taken by the bushes and apparently it can damage them. I'm not sure how true this is.