electrical plug identification

RedLineMike

Thanks for the replys,

@zardos, the bottom link looks very much like it,

I'll get some sizes today,

It's the connection for the Amber light bar on the roof, unfortunately the posh led one my dad had fitted was stolen & they were kind enough to unplug it, when he replaced it with an Amber non led one, it was wired up straight from the light to the power supply, as the current one has work lights & brake lights in it, I'd like to wire it up properly reusing the plug, plus it's also a good bit neater,

That will be a MIL-C-5015 series military connector- there are a load of manufacturers of this type (AB, Cannon, Amphenol, Yenohab etc).

We use PEI genesis to supply these significantly cheaper than RS/ Farnell, even at one off prices.

They are usually stamped with a part number and without seeing the back, it is difficult to identify 100%, but I would start with:

CB2-18-1SS

Would be a good starting point for a cannon part

The key parts to know are this is a Bayonet

Socket terminals

18-1 planform- Gives the layout.

There are things that can bite you like any keyways and the orientation of the insert in the shell, and there are many options on backshells, pin platings, solder or crimp, outer platings etc.

Feel free to PM me if you need further help!