Alarm and imobiliser

Simon_CSK

I posted previously about my remote not unlocking the car. Having not used the car for a while I went out to charge the battery and could not disable the alarm. Now I cannot start the car or move it with the remote or with the key. Any ideas?

if the battery went flat with locked car now it's immobilised, you need the EKA code to remobilise it as long as the fob doesnt work, you can try your luck and replace the roof receiver maybe that was your initial problem then the fob will work and you cab disarm the immobiliser

Before buying a new rf receiver take a look at the large grey multiplug behind the trim at the bottom of the LH A pillar.These are prone to water ingress from sunroof and windscreen leaks.

Ally

Tell me more please. I think water ingress is my problem despite refitting the sunroof over the summer. The last 24 hours I have had a fan heater in my car and it has sorted some problems. The car now starts and runs but the key fob is strange as it only locks the car when it is in the lock and will not unlock it under any circumstances.

Ally

Tell me more please. I think water ingress is my problem despite refitting the sunroof over the summer. The last 24 hours I have had a fan heater in my car and it has sorted some problems. The car now starts and runs but the key fob is strange as it only locks the car when it is in the lock and will not unlock it under any circumstances.

Water ingress can affect directly the BCU or the interior fusebox too and that can cause such kind of trouble... though the tip with that grey connector at the A-post is spot on... you say the key locks but doesnt unlock but can you unlock with the dash switch?(this would rule out the central locking only cos it doesnt work with the alarm), as long as you can start the car after you unlocked with the key even if the central locking doesnt work it means that the driver's door switch works cos it disables the immobiliser(which means it's set for that).... i must insist that as long as the fob doesnt work at all and you dont find corrosion in that plugat also as there was some sunroof leak you should replace the roof receiver to rule it out

Thanks guys for all your help remote now fully functioning I knew as soon as I got it off the receiver was the problem there was a little copper corrosion showing on the plastic of the box. Switched it over and everything works as it should.