2001 2.5 DHSE pump.

Les Henson

A friend of mine has just bought one of these, and has a problem.

With the ignition off and the vehicle locked, the suspension pump continues to run, and eventually flattens the battery. I vaguely remember that someone said that this was once a common problem with these vehicles, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone advise on a fix or whatever please?

Les.

does it go off after 2 minutes? i.e after becm has gone to sleep? if not there is a socketed relay you can pull by the passenger seat rail, but to confirm a grown up will be along shortly.

I'm guessing the root of the problem is more involved such as a faulty compressor diaphram seal or a faulty overpressure switch on the eas block.

Suspension doesn't really drop. After a couple of days he says that it appears to have dropped a tiny amount at the front with no battery disconnected, but I don't know about the 2-minutes. He said that he could hear it running after he went indoors.

Les

Hi Les

good to have you around again , I think Escape mentioned on another thread to pull fuse 44 to isolate the EAS in sleep mode , not sure if he meant only when

in sleep mode so that you need to put it back to start ?

Someone else - Elbekko ? maybe said there is a wire you can snip on one of the BeCM plugs iirc to kill any EAS activity in sleep mode , but can't remember which

wire . It was in a recent thread maybe in Range Rover Forum

hth

Steveb

Pulling fuse 44 will isolate the complete EAS system, so also the compressor relay.

Pulling the timer relay under the RH seat will do the same, or you can modify the wiring to make everything ignition powered.

But I suspect the problem could be as simple as a stuck relay. So try checking/swapping that first, it's in the fusebox in the engine compartement.

Also make sure it is indeed the EAS compressor you hear running, and not the ABS hydraulic pump. I've had a customer with that problem once, changed the relay (non-standard unfortunately) and all was well.

Filip