Land Rover show in UK?

cra42

Question for guys on the other side of the pond. Where and when is the largest Land Rover show in UK? Been to Beltran for the military vehicles. Love to attend a show with a lot of different Landys to see and parts to ship back to Texas. Also why is most parts sellers in UK won`t ship to US.

Original parts are hard to find this side of the pond.

Thanks,

Ryan

I think these days the biggest & best is Peterborough. It used to be Billing, but it gets smaller and less good each year while Peterborough goes from strength to strength.

From my experience, the problem shipping to the US at the moment is the number of things which are restricted by US Customs. Bizarrely, bearings seem to be a problem! Anything containing a roller or ball bearing, if spotted will be stopped. The sender is given the choice of paying to have it returned or have the item destroyed 'free of charge'. I guess it's to protect local industry and was probably intended to stop large scale import of Chinese bearings. Other parts containing bearings are just an unintended consequence.

I found that some parts regularly got stopped, even without bearings. The suggestion was that if it is not clear what the whole thing is from an X-Ray, they will exclude it. This is a problem if you are selling 'unusual' parts!

Part of the problem with LR parts may be to stop people illegally importing a LR piece by piece?? I guess if you just stated it was a 4x4 or Jeep part on the customs declaration - it would get an easier ride!

Si