Bed in the back

Hi,

One of the main reasons I bought the LR is to tour around Europe and maybe North Africa. I have spent a lot of time in Transylvania, and I am looking forward to getting back there with the Landy. I was thinking of fitting a bed in the back as it is a 110 CSW.

Has anybody got any experience of this rather than putting a tent up top? I thought of taking out the 2nd row middle seat, then laying marine ply at bench seat level. Partitions under the ply with small flap doors on top giving acces to storeage space underneath?

Cheers,

Paul

i dont think i have any pics (but will look later if i remember) of my mates old 110 commercial. he put wood lockers down the drivers side with the top hinged. you could keep all the heavy gear in there & the top was wide enough to put a foam mattress on. he had more lockers with the cooker etc built in down the other side. i was very tempted to have the truck when he decided to sell it.

i dont think i have any pics (but will look later if i remember) of my mates old 110 commercial. he put wood lockers down the drivers side with the top hinged. you could keep all the heavy gear in there & the top was wide enough to put a foam mattress on. he had more lockers with the cooker etc built in down the other side. i was very tempted to have the truck when he decided to sell it.

Thanks for that Andy. If you do find the pics that would be great.

Cheers,

Paul

i know its not a very good pic (& my mate chris is a scary sight) but this is the only one i can find. at least it shows how wide the bed side was. he had a panel that could be lifted & tied off to the roof to turn the bed into a sofa, it was hinged high up on the side. the whole truck was lined with ply & the gap behind it filled with expanding foam, worked quite well as insulation.

oh btw, my disco doesnt look quite that carp - or undented, anymore.

post-785-1162773742_thumb.jpg

i know its not a very good pic (& my mate chris is a scary sight) but this is the only one i can find. at least it shows how wide the bed side was. he had a panel that could be lifted & tied off to the roof to turn the bed into a sofa, it was hinged high up on the side. the whole truck was lined with ply & the gap behind it filled with expanding foam, worked quite well as insulation.

Thanks for that Andy,

I get what you mean now. Good idea that you can use as a bed or a sofa.

I did similar on my 110 and being an ex NEEB truck it even had the gas locker with roller shutter door and external venting :i-m_so_happy: Worked really well for occasional overnights with the MRC.

I may have the answer to the "bed in the back" Take a look at this site www.ex-tec.de Ex-tec The site itself doesn't give too much away, and I don't think does the company justice. However, you can order a free catalogue online which is superb. Got mine in the post today. The only problem is you need to know german to read it!

Cheers, Paul.