Bench testing AMR3384 Centrasl locking actuator

Niamh

Single button fob

Looking at the wiring diagram in Haynes it appears that this drivers door actuator controls the other 4 doors but there seems to be nothing the fires this actuator itself!

Despite the harness having a 6 pin connector there are only 4 wires going to it-

Black Earth

Yellow/Pink ??? Not shown in Haynes

Orange Feed to other actuators

Pink Feed to other Actuators

The wiring diagram suggests that if the drivers door actuator isn't working properly they they won't lock, is that correct on this system?

From the diagram there is no input to trigger this actuator, unles it's the mysterious Yellow/Pink wire, what does this wire do?

With a 12v bensh supply can I test the actuator to see if it operates?

There should be 5 wires going in. The ones you are interested in are orange, pink / purple and pink / slate. Normal locking is carried out by orange / pink/purple; superlocking by pink/slate / pink/purple. The other 2 seem to be used by the control unit to determine motor direction.

Throw away the Haynes and get hold of a copy of RAVE where all is explained. Freely downloadable from several places.

Common issue which sounds like an adjustment is required, slacken the four actuator plate fixing screws slightly, an move the plate just a fraction one way or the other while using your fob to lock/ unlock until

both functions are achieved.

The switching is done by a micro switch at the rear of the lock if your using a key, unlike the 300 series.

As for super locking LOL

Common issue which sounds like an adjustment is required, slacken the four actuator plate fixing screws slightly, an move the plate just a fraction one way or the other while using you fob to lock/ unlock until

both functions are achieved.

The switching is done by a micro switch at the rear of the lock if your using a key, uunlike the 300 series.

As for super locking LOL

RAVE is your friend. See the attached screenshots.

You can download the RAVE here/

Are the full circuit diagrams available of just those spread over several pages which can be hard to follow from one page to the next.

Also the troubleshooting section shows only a 4 pin connector not the 6 pin that is actually there.

Which terminals?

Well, one terminal has a black wire to thats an earth the other four you will find by using your multimeter, the supply to the servo motor and the pair of wires that go to the slaves via the controlling switch with in the master actuator, central locking is very simples in its function.

Well, one terminal has a black wire to thats an earth the other four you will find by using your multimeter, the supply to the servo motor and the pair of wires that go to the slaves via the controlling switch with in the master actuator, central locking is very simples in its function.

But acSure, but that suggests that there is no connection that actually fires the actuator. ann the diagrams say permanent live should be vis Brown/P{ink but that wire isn't there instead there's yellow/pink

Are the full circuit diagrams available of just those spread over several pages which can be hard to follow from one page to the next.

Also the troubleshooting section shows only a 4 pin connector not the 6 pin that is actually there.

Once you get used to them, they're a lot clearer than the wiring diagrams in the D2/Td5 RAVE IMO.

If you search for the connector (C607), it appears that there's an extra switch on the YK wire, closed when unlocked. Part of the theft alarm.

Okay, the motor has two wires so a 12v supply in one direction the motor turns in one direction reverse the polarity ( done by a switch or if u have a fob the ECU and it turns in the opersite direction therefore locking or unlocking.

Also with the two wires that feed the slaves and do the same thing.

So, When you find the the pair that feed the actuators motor then apply a quick 12v to the motor and the actuator will pulse, reversing wires will also pulse the actuator.

If you search for the connector (C607), it appears that there's an extra switch on the YK wire, closed when unlocked. Part of the theft alarm.

But that doesn't tie in with the wiring diagram you pointed to on page L6-2 which has brown/pink as the 4th wire, not yellow/pink that is actually there

Hmm. It's quite confusing, but there seems to be a difference between vehicles with and without theft alarm.

The 6-pin connector is for vehicles with theft alarm. The pinout here is:

1) O - Motor

2) K - Motor

3) B - Ground

4) Unused

5) YK - Unlocked switch

6) Unused

In the case of a vehicle fitted with a theft alarm, the theft alarm unit switches the direction the motor turns, as both O and K wires go back to the unit (whereas in the earlier vehicles, as per my screenshot earlier, it is decided within the actuator itself).

So applying voltage over pins 1 and 2 should activate it, reverse polarity for the other direction.

Perhaps stop looking a a1996MY discos wiring diagram, as you have an early 95MY disco with a different security system but with both the master actuator operates the slaves, also it's the Japanese spec disco that doesn't have an alarm.

I've yet to understand if its the loom colours that don't match the diagram or the actuator but then it is a 1996MY drawing it's understandable if it doesn't, perhaps it's not a original actuator and maybe it's a RRCs actuator, even so then function is just the same so the wire colours isn't a big issue.

Perhaps stop looking a a1996MY discos wiring diagram, as you have an early 95MY disco with a different security system but with both the master actuator operates the slaves, also it's the Japanese spec disco that doesn't have an alarm.

I'm looking at Discovery ETM 1995 2nd edition from RAVE.

What should I be looking at?

I've yet to understand if its the loom colours that don't match the diagram or the actuator but then it is a 1996MY drawing it's understandable if it doesn't, perhaps it's not a original actuator and maybe it's a RRCs actuator, even so then function is just the same so the wire colours isn't a big issue.

We're all looking at the 95 diagram, where are you getting 96 from? Either way, there isn't much difference in the diagrams.

RAVE should cover everything from the 300TDi on, maybe you're thinking about the 200TDi?

Hmm. It's quite confusing, but there seems to be a difference between vehicles with and without theft alarm.

The 6-pin connector is for vehicles with theft alarm. The pinout here is:

Can single button fob vehicles have the theft alarm, or is that only on 2 button fob alarms?

I didn't think you could pair a new fob to vehicles with a theft alarm using the locking/uklocking etc game?