v8 4,0 thor engine tuning possibilities.

oddballrovers

Hi Ole,

Well worth spending some time talking to Roland at ACR. I think it is his opinion that you need bigger valves to get upwards of 250BHP. I built my earlier 3.9 (Serpentine) with a Piper Cam and the original ECU - with a careful (basically standard) build and some very light head work it made 225BHP on 14CUX and a distributor. When I decided to do away with the Dizzy I handed it to Roland. He told me that with a conversion to OMEX 710 and with a session on his Dyno that we would probably get not much more power on paper, but the driveablility would make it feel more like 250BHP. He was spot-on it is now quite a different engine, but the output is very similar in figures.

Roland knows his stuff and will do everything from advice and parts to full build! Most of the UK Rover and AJV8 off road motorsport guys use him now.

H

Hi Henry

That sounds good, figures is not important driveablity is the most important thing I do know that from setting up MC raceengines on dynojet dynos in a former life and that is also the reason I will use either MS or something similar.

You mention a careful build, did you not get it ballanced? what revs do you have the rev limiter set to?

Ole