Stray Electrical Terminal in the Engine Bay

Divster

Over the past couple of days I've been doing some servicing and pre MOT work on my faithful TD5 disco. Whilst working in the right hand side of the engine bay I came across a stray terminal hanging down from the chassis leg. I've had a good look through the engine bay and can't find a terminal that it connects to. Unfortunately I haven't got a rave I can check it with. The wire colours on the terminal area yellow/black, yellow/pink and orange/grey. Can anyone shed any light. Thanks

I've found lots of strange terminals that go nowhere on my 97 ES model over the years; left side theres one by the front lights that really looks like it should do something but doesnt have a cooresponding terminal anywhere else and as everything works (well occasionally) I've learnt to ignore them :)

I've found lots of strange terminals that go nowhere on my 97 ES model over the years; left side theres one by the front lights that really looks like it should do something but doesnt have a cooresponding terminal anywhere else and as everything works (well occasionally) I've learnt to ignore them :)

Lots? The black connector that u have found spare behind each headlamp is for the headlamp self levelling servo if fitted.

Fogs are connected and working, the headlight leveling could account for some of the random wires, the rest I figure are just their as some sort of longterm Solihull joke.

Sadly nothing runs near the alternator that could account for my dancing rev counter and occasionally flickering battery light - naturally the alternator itself produces all the right numbers.

Over the past couple of days I've been doing some servicing and pre MOT work on my faithful TD5 disco. Whilst working in the right hand side of the engine bay I came across a stray terminal hanging down from the chassis leg. I've had a good look through the engine bay and can't find a terminal that it connects to. Unfortunately I haven't got a rave I can check it with. The wire colours on the terminal area yellow/black, yellow/pink and orange/grey. Can anyone shed any light. Thanks

A 3-way connector with the wires - Yellow/Black, Yellow/Pink, and Orange/Slate - is for the ACE lower accelerometer -

C0656.jpg