Engine Breather Filter Gasket

Paul64

Hi,

I wanted to clean the Engine Breather Filter, and then replace the gasket on my 200Tdi. I bought a gasket from Rimmer Bros, but it doesn't look like the gasket I need.

Is there an onlime parts book, so you know you have the right number for the part you need?

Does anyone know what the part number is for this gasket?

In the Haynes manual it says two bolts retain the filter to the valve cover, but the gasket I received has 6 holes in it??

Cheers,

Paul

If it's the round black canister [cyclonic breather] bolted to the right of the cylinder head above the vacuum pump, you need 1 x 'O' ring seal part number LLO100000, the canister is held by 1 x 100mm hex head bolt & the 2 hoses by jubilee clips.

if it's the engine block side cover next to the injection pump you need 1 x gasket ERR2026 [Not all 200Tdi have this breather cover fitted - it was deleted on later engines & the cyclonic breather above was used on it's own]

If it's the round black canister [cyclonic breather] bolted to the right of the cylinder head above the vacuum pump, you need 1 x 'O' ring seal part number LLO100000, the canister is held by 1 x 100mm hex head bolt & the 2 hoses by jubilee clips.

if it's the engine block side cover next to the injection pump you need 1 x gasket ERR2026 [Not all 200Tdi have this breather cover fitted - it was deleted on later engines & the cyclonic breather above was used on it's own]

Thanks Ralph,

You always come up with the goods. I decided to clean it anyway, and as it turns out there was no gasket there! No wonder there was plenty of oil around.

Cheers, Paul.

LLO100000 is the only number for that O ring seal I have, it should be possible to obtain a similar seal to suit provided it's oil & heat resistant, it's not listed in my paper LR parts cat, only on EPC so it maybe a main dealer only, normally I think it would come pre-fitted to a new cyclonic breather.

I can't find it on Craddocks site either, looks like a trip to the LR main dealer parts dept.

For where you are currently, any parts from UK will cost more, I don't know who would have the best p+p prices, I've got a tame LR parts place at the other end of town to me.

Actually it costs no more to post here. We are on BFPO, so goes at UK P&P prices. The address doesn't indicate that we are abroad for security reasons.

'O' ring arrived today Ralph from Rimmer Bros, and I fitted it this evening. Rimmer seems like a good company, with no problems delivering to BFPO. Even have a postal tracking service which is quite a nice feature.

Thanks again,

Paul.