Devon

Morning all

It is our plan once again to hook the tin tent to the Discovery and spend a week in the west country. This year the camp site we have chosen is at Dawlish, which is quite a bit further down to what we are used to. We like to get off the roads where we can, and explore the green lanes, so I wondered if anyone would be able to help us by suggesting a few green lanes to try, perhaps up on to Dartmoor. Please bear in mind our truck is standard bar a set of BFG ATs (and reasonably scratch free!)

Many thanks

Roland

There was a small group of us down there earlier in the year. Lots of UCRs, mostly open but a few narrow/scratchy ones near Dawlish. Main issue seemed to be farm equipment left in rather awkward places!

I didn't drive anything towards Dartmoor, but the place is lovely just using the regular roads anyway!

• 1 month later...

There are a few nice lanes near Dawlish but most are fairly tight, especially at this time of year. Dartmoor has a few nice wider ones which are all signposted pretty well on the ground, probably enough for a day trip. There are also some very tight ones but most have a notice warning about the width at the start!

If you haven't already been and gone then let me know and I'll try to point out some less scratchy ones.

Richard