Rear door striker

Lewis

Is the striker plate/catch for the rear door the same as those for the lift handle front doors?

The catch for lift handle doors is MUC2959 (according to paddocks) but I cant seem to find one to suit the rear door specifically

I need 2 for my lift handle front doors and 1 for the rear door on my 90

If anyone can help I would be very gratefull

Many thanks

Lewis

right then. If its the same as my mates series then its the same lock catch at the back as it is on the front door. I'm talking about the slam peg that sticks out? got two bolts holding it on. I can't ask him if its genuine (as most of the thing isn't) as he on hols.

Jas

right then. If its the same as my mates series then its the same lock catch at the back as it is on the front door. I'm talking about the slam peg that sticks out? got two bolts holding it on. I can't ask him if its genuine (as most of the thing isn't) as he on hols.

Jas

same time Ralph!

well going from ralphs reply, my mates is an "adaptation"...which may well be likely...

Jas

Is the striker plate/catch for the rear door the same as those for the lift handle front doors?

The catch for lift handle doors is MUC2959 (according to paddocks) but I cant seem to find one to suit the rear door specifically

I need 2 for my lift handle front doors and 1 for the rear door on my 90

If anyone can help I would be very gratefull

Many thanks

Lewis

hi lewis, are you after 2 strikers (lift up type) for the b posts of your 90? i converted to pushbutton a few years ago and may just still have the old ones lying around. if i can find em and your interested i'll post em to ya.

cheers paul

hi lewis, are you after 2 strikers (lift up type) for the b posts of your 90? i converted to pushbutton a few years ago and may just still have the old ones lying around. if i can find em and your interested i'll post em to ya.

cheers paul

Cheers Paul thats exactly what i'm after, let me know if you find them and i'll sort you out with some beer tokens ;)

Ralph, Jas, thanks for your help :) espescially part numbers. I managed to get hold of a Td5 era rear door striker yesterday so i'll try and persuade that to fit to my 1987 90 with earlier (i think) rear door, if not it looks like i'll be needing the Td5 lock and handle mechanism to go with it.

Thanks again

Lewis

Cheers Paul thats exactly what i'm after, let me know if you find them and i'll sort you out with some beer tokens ;)

Ralph, Jas, thanks for your help :) espescially part numbers. I managed to get hold of a Td5 era rear door striker yesterday so i'll try and persuade that to fit to my 1987 90 with earlier (i think) rear door, if not it looks like i'll be needing the Td5 lock and handle mechanism to go with it.

Thanks again

Lewis

thats it lewis, i found em :) 2 fronts an 2 rears, send me a pm with your add an i'll post em on. there's no weight in em so should nae cost much.

cheers paul