Rock Sliders for a 110

Paul64

I saw this advert for rock sliders on Paddocks web site. Do all 110 rock sliders require drilling of rear outriggers?

Cheers, Paul

Part No. PM766

80mm x 40mm heavy duty box section.

Integral jacking points front and rear.

Easy to fit but requires drilling of rear outriggers.

Black powder coated over zinc plate.

I like the ones that East Coast Rover do in the States, you can see how they fit to the front outrigger here and the back ones here (scroll down about 2/3 the way)

i might copy these for a little project and see how it goes.

Do they fix the rock sliders like that anywhere in the UK. Do you think it is a bit of overkill?

Guest diesel_jim
Do they fix the rock sliders like that anywhere in the UK. Do you think it is a bit of overkill?

Apparently unbendable though... and i often wonder how strong the bolt is on the bulkhead outrigger... OK,it's not going to shear off in any hurry, but their method certainly spreads any load evenly on the outriggers.

I just missed a set on ebay, went for £76, kickin' myself

Saw them on Mark90s 110. Look mucho lot neater than the mill services one. Very nice finish. Sayining that, Mill Services are functional, especially with the sticky-outty bar bits, although not sure if you can jack off them.

Gents,

Has anyone had a go at fabricating rock sliders themselves?

They don't look overly complicated to manufacture (the southdown ones look a bit more tricky albeit very nice).

Before I get hammered Im not trying to knock anyones business!!!

I just thought those of us with a limited budget could save quite a few quid by making making up some basic functional sliders.

I am sure a bit of box section, right angle bar and a welder a very basic set of sliders could be made up quite cheaply.

I have also thought the same with some of the steering/ front axle protectors for sale.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Grant

Grant

I made a set on my last 90. Not that hard when you sit down and think about it.

The set I made mounted at the front both sides if the bulkhead. If I can describe it better the slider had 2 flanges on the front that went up either side of the bulkhead and then the big b/head mounting bolt went thru the lot, on the rear I found some pipe that fitted inside the tubular outrigger. When they were fitted I then drilled through the outrigger and put 2 bolts in to positively lock it all in place.

My current 90 has a similar setup and I rolled that at an event 18 months ago and it all held up well.

Guest diesel_jim

I bought a set for my 90 and then copied them for my other 90 and got them galv'd.

I've got all the dimensions here in .jpg format if anyone wants them (PM me your email addy). i made mine to fit in the round tubular outrigger and use the bolt on the bulkhead.

Grant

I made a set on my last 90. Not that hard when you sit down and think about it.

The set I made mounted at the front both sides if the bulkhead. If I can describe it better the slider had 2 flanges on the front that went up either side of the bulkhead and then the big b/head mounting bolt went thru the lot, on the rear I found some pipe that fitted inside the tubular outrigger. When they were fitted I then drilled through the outrigger and put 2 bolts in to positively lock it all in place.

My current 90 has a similar setup and I rolled that at an event 18 months ago and it all held up well.

Walfy

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Grant