Ifor Williams Canopy

I'm thinking about getting one of the above instead of a canvas for my 90 Truck Cab. Does anyone have any idea how they fit?

I've seen one picture which suggests they simply lock into the inside-side of the truck...

As far as the front goes, does it just have a simple rubber seal that fits around the rear window?

I'm thinking about getting one of the above instead of a canvas for my 90 Truck Cab. Does anyone have any idea how they fit?

I've seen one picture which suggests they simply lock into the inside-side of the truck...

As far as the front goes, does it just have a simple rubber seal that fits around the rear window?

I've only seen 130 ones but basically they fit by bolting down through the "gutter" that runs around the load bed on a 130.

They also let in a lot of dust on unsurfaced roads and if used regularly on rough (gravel) roads they break after a couple of years - all the thin alloy cracks up with fatigue. Probably fine on sealed roads though, we break lots of stuff down here :)

Oh and if you roll the vehicle they go a bit flat too :unsure:

Four J shaped bolts hook into the holes on the tub frame and through brackets

on the canopy.

As for the dust issue, yes if you leave them open at the tailgate. I riveted a sheet

of GRP over the mesh and it's pretty good now. And yes, the front is a rubber seal

akin to the door seals.

I've also not used it for sometime now as I've removed the bulhead in favour

of a full tilt for summer and fullhard top for winter. So if you want it it's up for

grabs.

I'd post a piccy but am new to this forum and have absolutely no idea how to :)

Nige

ps.... used it for five years and no fatigue issues.

Guest diesel_jim

From some others i've seen also, the front of the cover can rub on the top of the truck cab, and wear a hole through it! :o

good design? :P or just maybe the rubber seal was missing.

As for the dust issue, yes if you leave them open at the tailgate. I riveted a sheet

of GRP over the mesh and it's pretty good now. And yes, the front is a rubber seal

akin to the door seals.

ps.... used it for five years and no fatigue issues.

Depends on where you use it - the ones here all have the solid rear door and the "sealing" is appalling and the dust pours in on clay roads. Most people that have them, have made up extra seals to try and cut down the dust ingress, with reasonable success.

They will only break on rough roads, a bit like lots of things (Discovery body mountings for example) used on surfaced roads and slow speed off road will be fine I expect.

Depends on where you use it - the ones here all have the solid rear door and the "sealing" is appalling and the dust pours in on clay roads. Most people that have them, have made up extra seals to try and cut down the dust ingress, with reasonable success.

They will only break on rough roads, a bit like lots of things (Discovery body mountings for example) used on surfaced roads and slow speed off road will be fine I expect.

I had one on my 90. I had the solid ally rear door type, rather than the sheep pen rear door. Mine had good seals as was pretty dust / water tight. The only problem I would say was where the upper and lower tailgates met. There was quite a large gap that would not be easy to fill. Never noticed much water coming in though. Also, I got a matched set of four pad locks (1 key!) from B&Q and that kept it relatively secure.