EGTs

muddy

Yes, but I did say "at the nominally same road speed", so the engine is still doing about the same amount of work, but is at higher revolutions and hence more air is being passed through the engine. Same amount of fuel and more air should give a reduced EGT. It does on my 300Tdi.

Mike

No, the boost drops and the air and fuel will be the same as you are producing the same amount of power. EGT variation with engine speed depends on how the pump is setup. On mine, peak EGT is around 3100 rpm. Drops after and below that.

At the end of the of the day you are all running ancient clockwork items, who knows what the fueling system is actually doing unless you pull it all apart and ensure it is working as per WSM, and even then it is still clockwork, so not repeatable within a decent error margin.

Then you are all in various states of tune, boost, wear and conditions.... to an extent, it's like comparing apples to oranges.