Load Bed Mat Retainer

Hi Folks,

Looking at replacing the load bed mat retainer on the back of my 1997 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Order part number AFP710120. However, when comparing the screw holes to my original part, they are off by 5mm from the raised edge. The spacing , though, is the same. Please see attached picture.

Perhaps ought to have order part number ALR4769.

Have folk come across this before and can anybody give me any confidence that if returned and swapped to part ALR4769 all will be aligned and good.

Many Thanks,

Simon Pelly...

http://pellylandroverdefender.blogspot.co.uk/

post-108632-0-98346400-1449500223_thumb.jpg

The one you've got is the newer type, I don think the older one is available anymore but it is only a few screw holes which need redrilling. I have always thought of it as a bonus as more often than not with old tdi defenders the screws snap when undoing them anyway.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Have managed to order part ALR4769 which matches the holes to my original plate exactly.

For reference, the holes are 18mm (ALR4769) from the outside edge as opposed to 23mm (AFP710120)

Simon...

P.S. Shout out for the folk at YRM who were extremely helpful, to the point of even looking out fully detailed metal template schematics.

http://pellylandroverdefender.blogspot.co.uk/