Rangie upper tailgate

dollythelw

Got the number of the guys selling them at Bling, by crikey they're a lot of dosh though, over £400 for a glazed one :blink:

They crop up on eBlag every so often but even then they fetch silly money.

There are a couple of tailgates of varying crustiness in dad's garage if you want something verging on presentable for no money.

I bought a tailgate off rangerover tailgates a while ago.

in the whole i was very happy with it- you need to spend a couple of hours fixing it in as getting it positioned just right was quite hard i found - i ended up playing with hinge positions as well as lock positions too. one thing i regretted doing was not buying new lock mechanisms as i thought the old ones were ok- just not worth the extra hassle IMHO. Just buy all new parts and have done. (buy a new sealing strip whilst you are at it!)

Unit was well powder coated (or was it painted? i can't remember now) so i had no problems with it from a rust point of view!

Actually Jim ended up making a pigs ear of the job so when I bought it I had to re-drill the bl**dy holes and refurb the crappy moveable threaded oojits.

The Ali rear tailgates are okay and that is as far as it goes. They are weaker (considerably than the originals, a pain in the backside to fit (even if Jim hasn't been there already) and they are bl**dy pricey.

Option one, have an 'accident' with the original and claim

Option two, look around for a 2H jobbie

Option three, buy a steel frame jobbie from out if the LROi yellow pages

Actually Jim ended up making a pigs ear of the job so when I bought it I had to re-drill the bl**dy holes and refurb the crappy moveable threaded oojits.

actually chap mine fitted lovely after i had tinkered with it a bit there was certainly no drilling needed when you took possession of it- it was you dropping the captive nuts out that was the problem. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to fit though i'll agree with you there!