Chassis swap - extra parts needed?

I'm going to swap my '88 LR 90 chassis with a new galvanized one - just wondering what other parts/pieces/bolts/clips you recommend I get before undertaking the project? I'd like to do the complete swap in one weekend and don't want to waste time with multiple trips to the parts store.

One weekend is optimistic...... how many mates are going to be helping?...

How are you planning on removing/lifting the body?

I would suggest as a minimum new brake pipes, chassis and flexible ones,

Suspension bushes......

Engine and transmission mounts... while it's in the air why not...

There's more but my brain is foggy....

I have done it in two days, on my own, however I have a two post ramp, and the defender was in excellent condition to start with (this particular one was not in need of a chassis, but I had a spare Richards one at the time).

If I was in your position I would buy a set of the better later 300tdi disco axles, radius arms, trailing arms and pan hard rod and refurb them beforehand with new bushes and have them ready to roll under.

Depends on budget Vs amount of time you're willing to spend farting about really.

A good selection of nuts & bolts is a must. New bushes & nuts & bolts for anything that's going to be coming off, new brake lines / hoses & clips all round, ideal chance to renew coolant pipes, exhaust if it's less than brilliant, shocks (+bushes) & springs (+bushes)... really with a lot of parts it makes things lovelier & quicker if you can have a load of new bits either waiting in the wings or already attached to the new chassis ready and waiting, also means you can be brutal (and quick) in removing the old ones - why spend half an hour trying to undo that bit, just grinder it or gas axe it away in seconds and put a new one on. Does add up fast though so your choice.

I have lifted the body on quite a few defender 90's on my two post lift. I use a length of 75mm box section steel, fit through the rear wheel arches between chassis and body so the rear lift arms pick up on the box section.

The front arms pick up on the bulkhead feet. You will have to use riser blocks on the rear box section as it is higher than the bulkhead feet.

Undo every body mount bolt. Things you may forget are seatbelt mount brackets, speedo cable etc.

Body will lift straight up as one. Keep doors on as they do help keep it all aligned. take it easy as you will have forgotten wires etc. I still do!

The photo below should help you. Notice the box section just visible at the rear. (I still haven't resprayed it two years on!,)

1ae8a831cdefc9d40234198c9f928f8d_zpsb522