Gearlever not returning

Hi on way to work today the gearlever on my 200tdi defender , lt77 box went weired .

I think a spring or something must have broke .

When i push the lever left for 1st 2nd and reverse gear the lever springs back to centre as normal . But when i pull it over for 5th gear and then let go it stay there and does not spring return to centre . Im guesing there must be a spring in bottom of lever at fault .

Does anyone know what bits will be needed and if they are still available

Hope this makes sense

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i have had a look this morning and it is the bottom of the lever that has broke one of the little bars off . The bad thing is the alloy housing is badly worn . It looks like the bar had bent before breaking and worn the alloy housing quite badly . Does anybody know if these are still available or has anyone got a good secondhand one i could buy .

Thanks for any help

Found all the parts at paddocks and the housing was not as expensive as i was thinking . It is a blue box part but i think it should be ok just being a housing .

Thanks western for the link with the part numbers made finding them a lot easier

• Like 1