Td5 immobilized

It's probably worth trying to "reboot" the immobiliser by disconnecting the battery again for 10 mins and reconnecting. When the immobiliser is powered up it should configure itself and, if yours has been set to use the most basic mode (no alarm fob etc...) then this may resolve the problem... if you're lucky !

The worst case scenario would be that the immobiliser is paired with a key fob that you don't have and it's just never been armed since you got the vehicle. Disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery will reset the immobiliser/alarm and arm it. If you have the key fob you then press lock 3 times on the fob and it syncronises so you can then use unlock to disarm the system. If this is the case, as you don't have a key fob, you will need to use a Nanocom or similar to reconfigure the immobiliser. If you get a suitable alarm fob off eBay or similar you can also teach the immobiliser to recognise it.

Thanks Dave,

I disconnected the battery for 6 hours and didn't reboot, seems like I'm missing a fob.

However, I got it fixed. I ordered the EKA from

http://www.mgrovercodes.com/land-rover/defender/eka-code/

First I tried to enter it but nothing seemed to happen. After some fiddling around found that the door button faulty, so i entered the EKA by the ign and touching the door button wire to the body.

However, I got it fixed. I ordered the EKA from

http://www.mgrovercodes.com/land-rover/defender/eka-code/

Good job finding the fault and fixing the imob. Just a note for next time or for anyone else, you might not have needed to pay for the EKA code.

When I purchased my 300TDI 110 I had a lot of alarm issues to sort and I thought that I needed the code which I didn't have. (actually managed without it i the end). However, I went to the local LR dealer in Sheffield, Guy Salmon, with my V5 and proof of ID and within a few minutes I had a vehicle printout with various stuff like engine and gbox serial numbers and the EKA code. They didn't charge - even though I offered to pay.