Final rebuild thoughts - springs

OME springs all round.

front 751 to cope with husky winch & it's heavy bumper

rear 754's to carry the rally recovery kit [400kgs] & give me some decent axle to bump stop clearance, on the old CSW/boge strut set up the rear axle was about 1 inch from the rubber bump stops on chassis,

as earlier I kept the rear arb, not had it flip over at all in 20+ years of use with these springs fitted, plenty of axle travel for my needs.

Interesting - I went for the 754s on the rear too but on advice from Gwyn he suggested n OME3062 for the fronts which I had never heard of - They aren't listed in the OME guide for Defenders but Gwyn said they are just slightly softer than the 751s but will take my bumper and winch.....I'll soon see. the lovely thing about Gwyn Lewis is he said he'd take the springs back immediately and replace with 751s if I wasn't happy

I have fitted Gwyn's kits twice now, they have been great and never had any issues.

So far very happy. What a Legend Gwyn is. No one else offered so much help regarding spring ratings. The fact that he'll replace the OME springs if I want a firmer or softer feel is just great.