timing belt

nickm

afternoon

probably been asked b4 does anyone know the approx milage a cam belt on a 97 300tdi (108k)

should be changed (full LRSH)

water pumps screaming its nuts off and so i was thinking about getting the cam belt done while

it was apart if its due

cheers

afternoon

probably been asked b4 does anyone know the approx milage a cam belt on a 97 300tdi (108k)

should be changed (full LRSH)

water pumps screaming its nuts off and so i was thinking about getting the cam belt done while

it was apart if its due

cheers

72k - so your next one should be at 144k. Seems to be generally considered that you should halve this if you're using the vehicle for wading though.

72k - so your next one should be at 144k. Seems to be generally considered that you should halve this if you're using the vehicle for wading though.

Ofishul service schedule says 72k but 3yrs/36k if used for driving in mud, sand, water, hot conditions blah blah. Basically any further than Waitrose :)

I do mine about 3yr/36k to be on the safe side. About 7 years or so they usually lose a few teeth and the oily bits stop quite suddenly :huh: