Modernising '85 rear wiring loom.

Hi

I'm re-bulidng my old 110, got to the point of putting the rear loom in, the old is pretty shot from getting dragged out of the chassis plus has got a now surplus military section to it. So need to make a new one.

What I need some help with is connectors; I'm looking for a more mordern equivalent to the lucas connectors.

Found things like the super seal connectors but they're not much help if you want a 3 way connector (i.e 1 in 2 out)

What sort of thing is used in the back of the td5's?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Also looking for multi section connector blocks, i.e 1 main block that can take multiple inputs like switches etc

Thanks

have a look at these suppliers websites for connector blocks, plugs/sockets,

Autosparks

Vehicle Wiring Products

Polevolt

should be plenty of choices on them to get you started, the 300tdi on defender looms use econoseal connectors, all the above should be ableto supply those.

Thanks Western, but I'll still a bit lost.

As far as I can see Econoseal are simple 1 in - 1 out style. Which leaves the question of connecting tow electrics and splitting the feed for tail lights etc between d/s and p/s.

I know the simple answer is to solder a wire on but I don't want the potential weak point / water ingress.

It sounds as though you may looking for circuit headers, or splice connectors.

I have the 20-way splice connectors, used as circuit headers on Defenders from 300Tdi to date.

They are available in six different colours, each colour denotes a different configuration (and number) of commoned circuits.

Although the splice caps on these are sub-divided into sub-circuits, you can easily change this configuration by inserting a short link lead loop between sub-circuits. Land Rover do this on several headers, to increase the number of 'ways' available at a particular header.

BLACK
HMSplice-Black.jpg

Sub-divided into five circuits -

HMSplice-Black-Circuits.jpg

BLUE
HMSplice-Blue.jpg

Sub-divided into four circuits -

HMSplice-Blue-Circuits.jpg

GREEN
HMSplice-Green.jpg

Sub-divided into four circuits -

HMSplice-Green-Circuits.jpg

GREY
HMSplice-Grey.jpg

Sub-divided into three circuits -

HMSplice-Grey-Circuits.jpg

ORANGE
HMSplice-Orange.jpg

Sub-divided into six circuits -

HMSplice-Orange-Circuits.jpg

YELLOW
HMSplice-Yellow.jpg

Sub-divided into five circuits -

HMSplice-Yellow-Circuits.jpg

Supplied (as pictured above) with a 20-Way Splice Connector, Splice Cap and 20 x Sumitomo 090 Terminals.

They are £8.95 each + Postage