glow piug wiring

hi, discovery engine into defender I am at the stage connecting glow plugs up but there wasn't any loom with the engine so starting from scratch, I am copying a lot from my 90 with the same conversion all I can see is one brown/red trace coming from glow plugs back into bulkhead it goes to ignition not sure if glow plug even work no lights on dash to state this, so has anyone got a wiring diagram for glow plugs, also on starter motor I have four brown wires coming off two of which go to alternator other two go threw bulkhead why is there two going to alternator, dd

There's a wiring diagram in the Haynes manual. Well really any workshop manual will have the diagram because most of the relays are the same but different. My Range Rover that I converted to a 200Tdi had an Astra relay fitted. HTH

found a plug with all the right wires in which I think fits into a relay(no relay there) but the thick yellow/black has been cut off and also the thick brown wire seems to have gone to passenger side with headlight loom but has also been cut off y/b I presume goes to heater plugs where should the brown wire go