Is it a good deal?

geoffbeaumont

One for the P38a boys:

Mate of mine (the one who was looking for a Disco ES) has found a 1996 RR 2.5DSE manual with 130K for 4.5K. Comes with 3 months warranty, has history, 4 new tyres, new air suspension (I'm assuming that's new bladders - he didn't say) and apparently looks in good nick.

I've no idea what the going rate is for P38as, so does that sound like a good price?

Other than computer woes, what are the things to watch out for/make sure have been done on this truck?

Guest dew110CSW

It's worth looking into getting a DSE Chipped by either Overfinch (www.overfinch.co.uk) or some other firm, as for the bulk of the P38a they were a little weedy. Once chipped they can fly though!

Other than that they are a very fine car, imo the best looking RRs, well built and kitted to the eyeballs.

It's worth looking into getting a DSE Chipped by either Overfinch (www.overfinch.co.uk) or some other firm, as for the bulk of the P38a they were a little weedy. Once chipped they can fly though!

Other than that they are a very fine car, imo the best looking RRs, well built and kitted to the eyeballs.

Just my opinion, but I think the P38 looks like a Maestro on steroids, i.e. carp, and was thrown together after being built down to a (production)price. Development was cut short before the engineers had finished, as the accountants/marketing types wanted to launch the new car. They were allegedly working on a supercharged version and independent suspension, but were told to run with what they had.

There, thats going to upset someone... :ph34r:

Just my opinion, but I think the P38 looks like a Maestro on steroids, i.e. carp, and was thrown together after being built down to a (production)price. Development was cut short before the engineers had finished, as the accountants/marketing types wanted to launch the new car. They were allegedly working on a supercharged version and independent suspension, but were told to run with what they had.

There, thats going to upset someone... :ph34r:

Interesting post that, I'd love to know where the info came from... :o

• 2 weeks later...

He bought it - paid just under 4k with a months warranty. It's got a knackered baulk ring on 4th (think that would have made me walk away, but there you go - he didn't tell me about that, but at least he used it to knock £500 off the asking price). Think he's bringing it down this weekend so we'll see what the rest of it's like. Seems to be happy with his purchase, anyway - said it's the first time he's driven for five hours on the motorway and felt like it was five minutes :)