Oh no a Tyre Question............

Right none of the usual what's the biggest blah blah

Right I want some decent sensible tyres I must be getting old. I have set my heart in BFG's 255 85 r16 KM2's my question in a nutshell does anyone here run them?? Are they as good as the older bfg's for strength and wear?? I want to be able to jump in my motor and end up in Gibraltar or wherever in the world without mishap. I have silly huge aggressive hideous things but I'm getting older and the 90 needs to do more road miles and cope with quagmire of the nationals and laying out trials and comp safaris.

Thought appreciated

J

Buy them! They're great! I've run that size KM2 for 2 years before going bigger. I have no idea how they compare to the old ones regarding wear but a mate of mine had done way more than 50.000km on them and had about 1/4 tread left. Grip on wet tarmac is good for a MT tire. Resale value is indeed good. I sold my 5 tires with 10mm tread on them for €600. I used that money to swap to 315/65 mickey MTZ with the same tread depth:).

We fitted a set to dad's 90 a little while ago and found them to be great, they are significantly better in the wet than the old versions and quieter also. I can't comment on the longevity of them, we sold the vehicle shortly after.

My mind was fairly set on the idea all reviews seem good. My bro's ATs have done silly amount of miles but are pants when it come to the nationals and muddy ruts.

Cheers for the feedback!

I have some silly huge 36 inch offroad tyres on ebay, once they sell I will get some bfg's on and start the migration back to standard gearing.