Bristol based - Recommend service garage Defender 300Tdi 110 CSW

Hi Folks,

Getting excited now. Picking up my 1997 Defender 300Tdi 110 CSW tomorrow.

Will be bringing it down to Bristol.

Wondering if folk can recommend a good garage that can do servicing on it. A garage that knows how to treat these classic vehicles and give them the correct loving - if you take my meaning.

Simon...

Hi Simon,

I have been using DBL in Nailsea for years now and find them helpful, reliable and knowledgeable. All they service are Land Rovers. Dave is the boss. If you need to leave your vehicle there then it's only an easy bus ride back to Bristol.

Say Clive with the converted 127 ambulance sent you (though it wont get you a discount!)

Incidentally, I spend half the year in France (Aveyron), and half in Bristol, so I kind of assume that it's me that Arjan is referring to, but I'm not sure what his comment meant, or if I know him?????

Sorry, do I know you Arjan?

Clive

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Update. Took my Defender to DBL in Nailsea. Chose them as it was recommended, all they do is Land Rovers and an easy bike ride back to Bristol - threw my road bike in the back.

Took it for a full service which was done well. Few other niggles identified and fixed. All in all, would happily recommend them in the future and will be back when next service is due.

Simon...