beeping noise

steerngo

I get this now and then, usually when I open the doors and get in I hear nothing, but occasionally a beeping sound emanates from the dashboard until I turn the ignition key .

I always thought it had something to do with the alarm activating and deactivating ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my car has done this since i bought it in jan 2010 and still does it!!!! surely the battery should of gone flat by now!!! but the fob is the only one i have and still beeps until i turn the ignition key.

It will definately be a battery going flat - they will last quiet a while. If you have a 2001 Model Year onwards - no problem if it goes flat - just use the key to open and start; if you have a pre 2000 Model Year change it or when the battery goes flat in the fob you won't be able to get in without setting the alarm off or start it without entering the EKA - and that's a royal PTA.

If the electric window switchs are around the handbrake surround it will be 2001 model year or later.

If the electric window switch are in front of the gear lever it will be 2000 model year or earlier.

Mark.

If the electric window switchs are around the handbrake surround it will be 2001 model year or later.

If the electric window switch are in front of the gear lever it will be 2000 model year or earlier.

That's a damn handy way of telling which model year you've got, must remember that one! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It will definately be a battery going flat - they will last quiet a while. If you have a 2001 Model Year onwards - no problem if it goes flat - just use the key to open and start; if you have a pre 2000 Model Year change it or when the battery goes flat in the fob you won't be able to get in without setting the alarm off or start it without entering the EKA - and that's a royal PTA.

Mark.

yup this is true. i just changed the battery. doesnt beep. i wish i had know this for the last year!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...