steerngo

beeping noise

18 posts in this topic

when I unlock and open the door a beeping noisestarts and lasts for a few seconds. this noise has only happend the last week or to. Any one know what its for, should I be worried?

ken

Hi Ken,

The batteries in the remote used to open the car are going flat, its an audiable warning. Change them and all will be good.

Mark.

I get this now and then, usually when I open the doors and get in I hear nothing, but occasionally a beeping sound emanates from the dashboard until I turn the ignition key .

I always thought it had something to do with the alarm activating and deactivating ?

Not only is there a manual, there's the full technical, workshop, and owners manuals for all models available to download for free pinned to the top of the part numbers forum.

thanks for the info, I will get a battery soon. I will also be looking at the tech/workshop info.

thanks ken

Mine does this, has done since I got it 8 weeks or so ago, I thought it was normal....... :D

Cheers folks, this forum is a wealth of knowledge......

Gaz

my car has done this since i bought it in jan 2010 and still does it!!!! surely the battery should of gone flat by now!!! but the fob is the only one i have and still beeps until i turn the ignition key.

my car has done this since i bought it in jan 2010 and still does it!!!! surely the battery should of gone flat by now!!! but the fob is the only one i have and still beeps until i turn the ignition key.

It will definately be a battery going flat - they will last quiet a while. If you have a 2001 Model Year onwards - no problem if it goes flat - just use the key to open and start; if you have a pre 2000 Model Year change it or when the battery goes flat in the fob you won't be able to get in without setting the alarm off or start it without entering the EKA - and that's a royal PTA.

If the electric window switchs are around the handbrake surround it will be 2001 model year or later.

If the electric window switch are in front of the gear lever it will be 2000 model year or earlier.

Mark.

My 54 plate does this and I always wondered why,,I'll change the batteries in remote and give it a try..Thanks Fellas...

If the electric window switchs are around the handbrake surround it will be 2001 model year or later.

If the electric window switch are in front of the gear lever it will be 2000 model year or earlier.

That's a damn handy way of telling which model year you've got, must remember that one! :)

It will definately be a battery going flat - they will last quiet a while. If you have a 2001 Model Year onwards - no problem if it goes flat - just use the key to open and start; if you have a pre 2000 Model Year change it or when the battery goes flat in the fob you won't be able to get in without setting the alarm off or start it without entering the EKA - and that's a royal PTA.

Mark.

yup this is true. i just changed the battery. doesnt beep. i wish i had know this for the last year!!!!!!!!!

Turned out the little metal battery cage in the key fob was broken on mine, 5 mins with a soldering iron and a new battery fixed it.... no more beeping.

Gaz

haha. I was wondering what the hell this was - I thought it might be a cold weather warning as it doesn't always do it. :)

WOW! my 05 td4 freebie has done this since I bought it and I never thought to check the fob, so simple thanks guys