Viscous Fan in relation to Cowling

Righty Ho,

Tommorrow I am hoping to do some Plumbing on the 90 / Engine

I need to reposition the Radiator, as the engine is shorter, so

If you look at ANY Rover V8 Serp engine (a standard untweaked unit please :lol: ) where does the fan sit - in relation to the cowling

ie

Is the fan / fan blades virtaully Inside the cowling

Is the unit outside

half and half ? etc etc

Could someone maybe post up a picture of their set up, looking maybe straight down for a edge on view in relation to the cowling

ASABP please :rofl:

Nige

Inside. Only logical as you really want as much sucking power through the radiator as you can, and if you're pulling air from outside the radiator by not having the fan in the cowling, you're not doing that.

There's an excellent thread on Pirate about radiators and fans and such, I have it open at home and will give you the link later, I think you may find it useful.

Nige,

Here are some photo's. Also a load showing the powersteering which you were asking about.

This is a 4.6 gems in a p38.

Gordon

(Excuse the fancy ruler, it's all i had in the glove box LOL)

Edit : Oops...they're a bit big. But i'm not shrinking them all and reattaching lol...

post-9903-0-56647900-1308040468_thumb.jpg post-9903-0-49371200-1308040478_thumb.jpg post-9903-0-02600600-1308040491_thumb.jpg

post-9903-0-26591300-1308040501_thumb.jpg post-9903-0-26568100-1308040530_thumb.jpg