Lt85 Oil

Cil111

Hi everyone

i have a bit of a dilemma... I have an Lt85 santana box and on the manual it says that it should take engine oil as source of lubrication (15/40w)

however i have read in some sites that ATF is the one to use..

anyone has any experience of which oil to use? I normally use Engine oil, however i was wondering if i have been putting the wrong oil in my box

thanks

Nig

did not get the gist of the proper LT85 thing..... is there something such as a non proper one? :)

Hope the result of the PM is fine now... thanks for the help

Sorry me posting too quick

By "Proper" I meant that you DEFINATELY have a LT85, you'd be amazed how many get what the gearbox is they have wrong

ie LT77 R380 etc, as LT85 is quite rare being V8 90 110s etc.

Just saying "If you are sure its a LT85" then its 20/50w, and I have one and use texaco 20/50w as it decent qulaity and cheap :)

Again regular oil changes help, it takes a pounding as does all oil

Nige

Sorry me posting too quick

By "Proper" I meant that you DEFINATELY have a LT85, you'd be amazed how many get what the gearbox is they have wrong

ie LT77 R380 etc, as LT85 is quite rare being V8 90 110s etc.

Just saying "If you are sure its a LT85" then its 20/50w, and I have one and use texaco 20/50w as it decent qulaity and cheap :)

Again regular oil changes help, it takes a pounding as does all oil

Nige

Oh ok hehe got it now...

Yeah definitely a santana box :) the split case type... always get mixed up if it is a 22a or 22c... well the split type which i think is the more modern version....

if i am not mistaken they also use on the santana PS10 or whatever it is called... the latest model santana have produced...