Steering Damper Relocation Kits???

Tom.H

Hi

I've got a Discovery 1 which currently has no steering damper :blink: ... before I just buy a damper I thought it might be worth buying a Relocation Kit, as I indeed on using the vechicle in challenge events

I am aware that there are a few Relocation Kits available and just wondered if anyone could recommend one. I'd prefer it to be bolt on as I don't have welding facilities.

Cheers

Tom

If you have a front steering gaurd (ie snow plough type) you can easily make your own by drilling a hole in the triangular end plate for mounting one end of the damper and using a bit of angle iron and a couple of u bolts drilled and clamped to the front drag link to mount the other end behind your steering gaurd. I used this method for several years and never damaged it.

I made mine with a bit of box section, drilled it out witha 30mm hole cutter (I have HD ssteering bars) and sliced it with an 3.2mm grinder disc, two more holes for bolts a bit of 6mm angle on top and job done.

Chassis end is easy, just weld on a flat plate with a big hole in it...

Yep.....

Here's one(sorry about the mud):

post-4193-125015104409_thumb.jpg

The slit is on the underside of the piece of box, the end of which I closed off with some scrap 3mm plate, which I also slit at the same time.

It's never moved and has been on there for over a year now.

Only picture I could get of it, rather awkward to photograph when there so much gubbins in the way :/

HTH :)

i made one for my old disco by clamping a bit on angle onto the drag link with u-bolts, and bolting a piece of un-equal angle onto the chassis to take the other end....

cost 2 x bits of scrap steel + 2 exhaust clamps.. probably less that £4...