Buying Britpart (or packaged Britpart!!)

I am in the market for some Air Lift 1000 air bag helper bags I have looked all over the web and after help from Neil on here have decided that I only need the bags and not the extra controller as not looking to be hopping like a hot rod just supporting the springs when fully loaded so can inflate them with a normal tyre inflater. I have looked on the web and can buy them from the US but by the time I have paid shipping and import would not get a lot of change out of what I can buy them from in the UK and if there is a fault I can return them etc.

Which leads me to my problem!! although there are some suppliers in the UK they are asking for £120 plus however after some research the Britpart appear to sell the same product for around £83.00 looking at it on-line it is in the original box so looks like they are just reselling the Original Product with a Britpart number on it.

Which leads me to my problem, as much as I hate to give Britpart my money especially for carp or someone's ripped off design however in this case as they appear to just be the original box etc will I be safe in just giving them my money this time? There I said it, I am going to take a shower now and scrub myself clean.

Jason.

You could ask them if it is very definately 'original' and buy on the basis of returning if not perhaps?

Otherwise I'd echo comment above - I can't (without moderation) articulate fully what I think of Britpart. Often if it's the only thing available I shall just walk away, fitting their stuff has almost invariably been a waste of time and money - and that's assuming it actualy fits!!!

I bought supension height sensors for my ex P38 and they turned up in a blue box.

They were however marked with the same numbers and manufacturers logo as the ones

I took off.

So just because it comes in a Britpart box doesn't neccesarily mean it's poo. :unsure::ph34r:

let me check where i got them from.......give me a sec.

Island 4x4 with a B****part product code of DA5010 @ 83.33 + VAT.

http://www.island-4x...010-p-4347.html

Genuine AirLift in someone elses box if i recall. We actually an AirLift box with stickers all over it.

So your safe and sound. Go for it. :D

let me check where i got them from.......give me a sec.

Island 4x4 with a B****part product code of DA5010 @ 83.33 + VAT.

http://www.island-4x...010-p-4347.html

Genuine AirLift in someone elses box if i recall. We actually an AirLift box with stickers all over it.

So your safe and sound. Go for it. :D

Thanks Neil,

I will do, although I can't help feeling a little dirty!!

Jason.

Dirty....i thought you had a hot shower in that (hotel on wheels) thing ?

I do but Mrs S has stopped me showering in the garden 'apparently' it upsets the neighbours, although I have told them I will happily help them build one!!

Jason.

• 4 months later...

I have finally got round to fitting these today, to late for Neil to help, so has anyone out there fitted them? I am trying to decide if I should use a single air line to both bags or a duel air line set-up? Has anyone else fitted them? what have you done? what are the benefits/pitfalls of each type of set-up?

Jason.

If they are linked would they not accentuate any body roll?

No they don't work like that they sit inside the springs and stiffen them before you load the truck allowing for extra load without the 'sit up and beg' effect, anyway I sorted it today did a feed to each one as I may choose to add an electronic unit later.

Makes sense but the bags are inflated to 35psi so they just stay inflated and stiffen the springs they don't take a load just stop the springs bouncing around squashing down under the load.

Jason.