200/300 tdi heads

dave88sw

Hi, i had my 300tdi head tested the other day and unfortunately it's cracked. I'm currently looking for a replacement and come across more 200 heads than 300's. Is it possible to fit a 200 head? I can get one with injectors and glow plugs. Otherwise can you fit 300 injectors to a 200 head?

thanks very much

Dave

I've also heard that 300 injectors can be used in a 200 head, however as Phil pointed out, I think they're at different angles in the cylinder head. You could always swap for 300 pistons as well.....

300 TDi heads are still avliable new so there shouldn't be any need to try and get a 200 head to fit.

Thanks for the responses, i realise 300 heads are available new but they're not exactly cheap, i like the idea of a new head for peace of mind but im a bit skint at the moment having forked out for the engine in the first place.

@dirtydiesel, thanks very much for the offer, i will keep it in mind and get back to you as soon as i can. I'm currently trying to get some money back on the engine in light of the cracked head.

Thanks again

Dave