How can I draught proof a roller door?

Paddy

I’m looking at ways of draught proofing an 8ft.wide internal roller door.  There are small draughts from the sides that I can live with, main draught is from the top where the door roll is, must be nearly a 2” gap from the lintel with the door down.  Looked on the net for ideas and a 50mm deep brush along the underside of the lintel and just touching the door may help.  Any other ideas/solutions or practical experiences ?

My roller is on the inside but what I've done is box the outside of the top of the door down to where the door leaves the frame and goes onto the roller. I've then got 2" brush strip against the door. Works perfectly and drastically reduced the drafts in the workshop. I've also filled the gaps around all the sides and roof (apart from one vent).

What we have is a length of 18 inch wide carpet fixed on one edge to the door frame horizontally.. The carpet rests on the top of the door "roll" and as the door is raised and lowered the carpet takes up the slack and keeps most of the drafts out. Works a treat and is almost free ! And whats more, you can choose your own colour and texture !

Thanks for the input.  I’ve decided for a quick fix of a brush screwed to the underside of the lintel sealing the door as it goes up and down.  Boxing in the inside of the roller plus another brush is on the ‘project list’.