Disco tdi with gas conversion ?

Hi guys

During last summer I bought a Disco 200tdi engine from a Land Rover breaker and fitted it into my 90 the engine it's self was fully rebuilt a few years ago and came out of a Discovery rally car, never here'd of such a thing but assume he ment a comp safari truck, anyway the Disco 200tdi that the engine came from was fitted with a gas conversion assumably LPG but not sure but since I fitted the engine I have had the FIP and injectors recon'd and the engine runs ok but feels slightly under powered through the gears than the Def 200tdi engine this engine has replaced but I know the Def engine's FIP had been tweaked to the max, with the FIP on the Disco engine being still under warranty I don't want to mess with it and tweak it and as far as I no the FIP has been set to top end power and just wondering if the Turbo could be at fault rather than the FIP, the reason I am thinking this is if the engine has had LPG or what ever running through it could the gas Damage the turbo over time, what do you think

I doubt the diesel would have been running only on LPG.  Here we have gas fumigation for diesels where LPG is injected in the engine along with the diesel and this substantially improves power and reduced emissions.

There is no evidence that LPG Fumigation causes any damage if done correctly.

A reasonably good article http://www.outbacktravelaustralia.com.au/4wd-mods-powertrain/lpg-diesel-more-power-improved-economy

12 hours ago, garrycol said:

I doubt the diesel would have been running only on LPG.  Here we have gas fumigation for diesels where LPG is injected in the engine along with the diesel and this substantially improves power and reduced emissions.

There is no evidence that LPG Fumigation causes any damage if done correctly.

A reasonably good article http://www.outbacktravelaustralia.com.au/4wd-mods-powertrain/lpg-diesel-more-power-improved-economy

The guy did show me the conversion stuff a flat tank about 2'-3' square probably would fit between the chassis rails and some pipe work, there was a T piece screwed into the turbo that I would need to remove and fit the fitting from the other engine used instead, the shaft in the turbo feels ok with very little back and fourth movement and no up and down movement hence why I was thinking it was a turbo problem but tbh I don't no anything about turbo's

There should only be barely perceptible back and forward movement on the turbo shaft, but quite a lot in comparison up and down. I think the first time someone feels this movement for themselves, the natural thought is that there is shaft wear !

Does it spin freely ?

29 minutes ago, smallfry said:

There should only be barely perceptible back and forward movement on the turbo shaft, but quite a lot in comparison up and down. I think the first time someone feels this movement for themselves, the natural thought is that there is shaft wear !

Does it spin freely ?

The engine has been in and running for about just over 4 months now and when I had the engine on the bench before hand for another month or two that is when I checked it so the first chance I get I will re- check it but pretty certain there was none to little movement back and forth and none up and down 

If I was you, I would be ringing Allisport, I think they used to supply a lpg auxillary system that would low users to turn th DPA  down slightly but give a better "burn" of the Diesel..and they are very  nice people to talk to..if you go to Peterborough, then you will have seen him whip a truck around the speedway arena...