from 109 to 100

Brasco

Hi Brasco from Malta here.

I have a 109' and would like to turn it in to a 100' and also remove the rear hang out piece. Any idea from where is the better place to cut the chassis so i can reweld and renforce.

Gonna do it just for the fun of saying i did it, cause otherwise it's not worth the hassle.. any suggestions.

Aw brasc

Just cut behind the gearbox, remember that the chassis section on a 109 tapers slightly at the bottom when viewed from the side so you will have to see how to patch that up neatly. Overhang, just chop where ever takes your fancy............. ;)

Another solution would be to stretch an 88.............. :ph34r:

Grem :D

you wont be able to chop much off the overhang at the back because of the rear spring mounts, or move all rear suspension points forward which would move the rear axle too.

some more advice (which you didn't ask for), dont paint it blue ;)

you wont be able to chop much off the overhang at the back because of the rear spring mounts, or move all rear suspension points forward which would move the rear axle too.

some more advice (which you didn't ask for), dont paint it blue ;)

whats a matter with blue

whats a matter with blue

I am turning a 109" to a 100", but im doing it the easy way and sitting it onto a rangie rolling chassis.... :ph34r: which also means i have no rear leaf hangers to worry about when deciding how much to bob off, and by moving the engine/box backwards, i can bob the front too.... ;)

thanks for the tips !!! will think a bit about it.

Unfortunatly i had some 3 swb chassis stored in the garage .... but gave them away some months ago to get garage space.. will have to shorten the 109"

Still ... did not get the blue color thing !!! what was that ?? :)

• 2 months later...