Just bought a Freelander!

junior

Hi Folks,

Thought i'd come on here and say Hi.Ive just joined the Freelander revolution by purchasing a 04 reg TD4 Sport,and i love it.

Are there any other Sport owners on here,if so would be great to hear from you.Does anyone know of any good clubs that maybe worth joining?

One last thing....Am i pretty much wasting my time thinking about doing some "easy" off roading in the sport model?

If i can work out how to attatch a picture,i will.

post-2423-1165604637_thumb.jpg

As posted in your greelanes question, i would suggest Shire Landrover Club, but i am biased being a member.

Our Magazine ed has put a link on that post to the club website.

All are welcome, hold playdays, greenlane days and all the family are welcome plus a very good mag and website. Currently have circa 500 members, covering mainly hants, dorset, wilts and sussex, plus the ex chairman in Oz!!

Hi Folks,

Thought i'd come on here and say Hi.Ive just joined the Freelander revolution by purchasing a 04 reg TD4 Sport,and i love it.

Are there any other Sport owners on here,if so would be great to hear from you.Does anyone know of any good clubs that maybe worth joining?

One last thing....Am i pretty much wasting my time thinking about doing some "easy" off roading in the sport model?

Enjoy your Freelander !!

You're not wasting your time off-roading a freelander, they're very capable. The only snag is the low ground clearance. A site like Bunny Lane (again a main Shire LRC site) is ideal as it has loads of stuff to do but not many trees (no body damage unless you're really trying) and not too many ruts. You could get very muddy there ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i heard somewhere LR themselves dont recomment more than gravel tracks with a sport, id have a look underneath & see how much clearance you have before you go for a play. ive got a feeling the sport was lowered by about 20mm?

however enjoy your new toy & welcome to the forum if your new here? (i cant remember your post count)

• 8 months later...
Hi Folks,

Hi all :P

As a new member to the forum I would just like to say hi.

Hi

This is my first Freelander a 56 model TD4 ( In fact my first L/R) although i have driven the motley green brown and black ones for years.

Funny how a personally owned model is much more comfortable

Mine seems to have a lot more accessories than the ones I prevously drove

regards

Freelander geordie :ph34r:

As posted in your greelanes question, i would suggest Shire Landrover Club, but i am biased being a member.

Our Magazine ed has put a link on that post to the club website.

All are welcome, hold playdays, greenlane days and all the family are welcome plus a very good mag and website. Currently have circa 500 members, covering mainly hants, dorset, wilts and sussex, plus the ex chairman in Oz!!

Plus the shire events officer started the Freelander club ;)