Rover 3.5 V8 Efi - unleaded head?

Boris113

Can any of v8 gurus on here advise please? I was talking to a colleague the other day and he was asking whether his 3.5 Efi V8 would have an unleaded head or should he keep putting lead additive in the tank which he has been doing since the death of 4-star in UK? My understanding was that all UK spec Discoverys had unleaded heads however this one is ROW spec, would that make a difference?

The vehicle is a very original LHD 3 door Discovery however he bought it 2nd hand in Kuwait circa 1994 then drove it to UK and registered it so the exact production date is a bit of a mystery. It has 200tdi spec lights and we know it's an early one because the brake caliper bolts on the axles are imperial and the engine is on V belts, at a guess it's late 1989 or early 1990. 

The engine number starts 24D14_ _ _ D which according to the Rimmer Bro's website is either 1990 efi Discovery or 86 onwards RRC manual.

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/content--name-Rover-V8-Engine-Numbers

Thanks, Harry

Any Rover V8 from that era would be able to use unleaded. I can't see that ramshackle factory back then making specific valve seats for specific markets. I do have Des Hammill's book with something about this in it, if you're interested.