300tdi wheel bearing

Hi I need to order a front wheel bearing, easy I know but will it make any difference if I have a 24 spline or 10 spline shaft.

It is a 1995 but has one axial from a 200tdi.

Want to sure before I place the order - are the 200 tdi and 300tdi wheel bearings the same.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info Western.

I decided to do the swivels as well and ordered the parts for that as well, sadly quite a few bits in the kit did not fit, top swivel pin = my one is larger and has no bearing just a fibre washer, the ball has also no space for the bearing to fit in ?, back plate also was different but the large seal was OK.

Seals and bottom bearing were OK though and the job is now done.

Nice to hear you got it sorted . I think you may have ordered the wrong swivel kit that's why the parts didn't fit , there are 3 available  I think for different chassis numbers as listed in the link below , that's presuming that the axle hasn't been changed at some point.

http://www.paddockspares.com/land-rover-parts-kits/swivel-kits/defender.html

cheers Ian